Friday, October 22, 2010

Disappearing Act

You were my only.
My hero. My reason.

But then you disappeared.
All you left was a shell

Empty of life, devoid of love
The outer crust of your heart.

And as I stepped inside
And searched for your presence

All I found was a lingering of your scent.
I moved around each ventricle

Each artery, each vein.
I stepped over blood vessels

Each pumping weakly,
Their purpose no longer clear.

I couldn’t find you here.

And as I began to panic,
As I began to fall apart,

As I fell down, helpless-
I found a trace.

A footprint from the past,
A strand of memory.

And so,
I followed the steps

Till I reached the start
And found a picture of your face.

I have never stopped searching
Hoping still to find you

But, inside I know.
I know you’ve left this place

And taken your love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment